Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When you are faced with conflict

I know people who always appear confident and in control of their situation.



Do you think they really feel as comfortable on the inside as they look on the outside?



Or are they just the type who "fights" rather than "flees"?



I suspect the pulses of the fighters are racing and stomachs are churning just like those who would rather run from conflict or uncharted territory.



But perhaps the fighter's pulse and stomach are reacting to challenge and stimulation, rather than the fear of defeat.



In the end, though, it doesn't matter why your pulse is racing or your stomach is churning, as long as you face the fear and the situation with resolve.



No one's going to know the difference, except you.



I have a friend who says when he dies he wants to be found with his fingernails embedded in the last hurdle of life.



In other words, he intends to be working, growing and learning right up to the end.



He has every intention of grappling with new ideas and challenges until his last breath is taken.



President Theodore Roosevelt once said:



"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.



The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."



I'm with my friend and Teddy Roosevelt.



I'd rather be trying and failing, daring and facing new challenges and demands, than watching passively from the sidelines of life.



I'd rather know the thrill of something faced and achieved, and the joy of expending myself on a great and worthy cause.



What about you?



Where do you stand in that game of life?



You can choose today to stand and face your fear and began working toward your dreams or stay paralyzed by fear watching your life fade in the distance.



The courage to move comes from looking at how far you have come. . . not how far you have to go.



It really doesn't matter whether you or I succeed or fail, what matters is that we are active participants in life.



I am willing to feel my heart beat and my pulse quicken as I move toward a better future.



Will you join me?



Will you make a move to live the life you want?



I hope you will.



And today, you can make the moves you need to make



Mobile post sent by karlradle using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: